Easy Peasy Seeding Workshop at Home
Fun Projects for Kids
April 15th, 2020
Join us as we plant seeds in up-cycled
unique containers you will find around the kitchen.
Super Fun and Easy Seeding Project. Just days and you will see your first seedling.
Seeding fun 1-2-3:
1. Grab any container around your kitchen, such as:
[tea boxes, milk container, to go container, plastic lettuce box containers, egg cartons (plastic or cardboard)]
If you have seed trays, those are percect as well.
2. Pop a few holes in the bottom of the container.
3. Fill the container with soil.
Shake the container a bit to help the soil settle.
You may sprinkly the soil with water before planting your seeds, if you like. But not necessary.
4. Plant your summer seeds.
Some of the Summer seeds are are planting now are: (Beans, Canteloupe, Corn, Cucumbers, Eggplant, Melons, Okra, Peppers, Squash, Tomoto, Watermelons)
5. Grab a stick to write the seed name and date on your stick. Popscile stick is great.
6. Sprinkle your seeds with water daily to keep the soil moist.
7. Depending on the seed, your germination should happen between 5 and 12 days.
Have fun. Let us know if you have any questions.
Share your stories — we’d love to hear how you are doing.
Join us on Instagram and IGTV for our updates and fun online farm classes.
Grow it! Love it! Share it!